Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Orange Homes BV, will collect and use your personal data.
We may collect personal identification information from Users and Clients in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users and Clients visit our site, register on the site, complete a form, request services and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for their name, email address, phone number and other personal information.
We will collect personal identification information from Users and Clients only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities or that it may prevent Orange Homes BV to conduct the services ordered by the Client..
Why does Orange Homes BV need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with relocation and home-finding services, price quotations or advice, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or the provision of the agreed services. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Orange Homes BV share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Orange Homes BV in the course of dealing with you as a client or prospective client. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to provide the agreed service or advice. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with their procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Orange Homes BV use the personal data it collects about me?
Orange Homes BV will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for any longer than is necessary. Orange Homes BV is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Orange Homes BV contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Oranges Homes BV can, and will, at your request confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Orange Homes BV does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Orange Homes BV or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Orange Homes BV accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport or National Identity Document
What if I want to make a complaint about how Orange Homes has handled my data?
We are committed to resolving any complaint that you may have, but if we are unable to resolve an issue regarding your data to your complete satisfaction then you may make a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA). Their contact details are on the following link:
Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer (Erica Ackerman)
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed to be your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on 4 June, 2018.